Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cookies for Santa

When we first started talking about cookies for Santa, Emerson said that she was either going to leave him one of the gingerbread men or one of the chocolate chip cookies we had already made.  As suspected, when Christmas Eve rolled around we had to make and decorate sugar cookies!  I wasn't too disappointed other than before it ever began I had visions of my kitchen being covered in flour that would require a major cleanup mission!  Braelyn just wanted to play with her dough so all of the cookie cutter cookies came from Emerson's half of the dough and then I just made a batch of the sugar cookies that you only have to break apart the dough and throw them on the pan!  I think Santa will love them!








We remembered the apron AFTER we had covered our clothes in flour!


Before I realized what she had done, Braelyn had used the entire tube of pink icing on 3 cookies!



If a few sprinkles are good, the whole bottle must be great!

No comments: