Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Tradition of the Plate: Part 1

Every year I look forward to making our Christmas plate with the girls.  Since having Braelyn, I have made it a two day process.  I take Braelyn to put either her footprint or handprint on the plate and then Emerson and I go back at a different time to finish the plate.  This was the first year that Braelyn was old enough to paint something for herself so it was such a fun time to spend just the two of us.  After she put her footprint on the plate I let her paint a couple of Christmas ornaments.  I could have sat there for hours watching her paint.  She was so focused on making it just right.  She was mixing colors and making sure each ornament was perfect.  The look on her face was priceless.  After painting it was off to get ice cream!


She didn't cry this year, which was a plus, but...

she did give the classic Braelyn look!





The artist ready to get to work in her little apron!




Showing off her finished masterpieces!

I am so glad she can finally have ice cream!!!

That smile right there can wipe out any stress you can think of!

1 comment:

GranSan said...

The "classic Braelyn look" is priceless!!! I love her so!!!