Monday, December 1, 2008

Rock-a-Bye-Baby

The rocking chair we are using in the nursery has been in the family for a long time-my mom remembers rocking Jaf to sleep when he was a baby in the same rocker! I remember sitting in it in Jerry and Janet's living room when I was growing up and since then it has spent some time in Jaf and Shelly's nursery to rock the girls to sleep. Jerry and Janet were so sweet to let us use it and agreed to it getting a face lift to match our nursery. We can't wait to be able to rock our little one in it!

I put my mom to work while she was here for Thanksgiving!

I still need to find a cushion, but it looks so cute in the nursery!

Shawn helped me make one of the dishes that his mom makes for Thanksgiving.

Just think, the next time we decorate a tree will be for baby's first Christmas!


2 comments:

The Goforths said...

What a memorable Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see your nursery all finished.

Tonya Tuggle said...

I am so glad you posted this pic of your mom. she looks fabulous...so young!