Sunday, December 21, 2008

Babymoon

This Saturday Shawn and I went on a "babymoon" instead of a honeymoon. Since it is a little late for me to be flying anywhere we went to the Houstonian here in Houston. The hotel was beautiful with all of the Christmas decorations up. On Saturday, we both went to the spa and I got a pre-natal massage and he got a deep tissue massage. The funny thing about the pre-natal massage is that one of the best parts was actually being able to lay on my stomach thanks to some special pillows they had! I don't know how relaxing it was for Shawn since his therapist embraced the concept of "deep tissue"-he actually woke up sore this morning! In our room, they had sparkling cider and a gift box of bath products and baby goodies. On Friday, I had driven down and left a present for Shawn for them to have in the room when we got there. I got him a "daddy diaper bag" complete with Florida State baby gear. Even if it is a girl, she will have that tomahawk chop going during football season! For dinner, we went to downtown and ate at Shula's Steakhouse. It was so funny that just by staying at a hotel made us feel like we were not in Houston anymore and truly on vacation.



It is hard to see in the picture, but they had a village complete with a train surrounding the huge fireplace in the lobby.

At Shula's Steakhouse

1 comment:

The Goforths said...

How fun! Sounds like a vacation to me!