Monday, August 4, 2014

Making Their Mark

I have had my heart set on having all of our handprints either on the driveway, sidewalk, or patio from the time we started planning the house.  The timing of pouring the slab didn't work out so I have been planning for the driveway.  Well, the call came from our construction manager that they were pouring the concrete today and it was probably going to be around lunch time that we would need to be there.  There was no way that Shawn could get away from work so we decided to just have the girls do it.  Our construction manager called me with a time that I should be there for perfect handprints.  I went and woke the girls up from their naps at school and headed for the house.  We did get handprints but unfortunately I learned when I went to push Em's little hand into the concrete, it had already set almost too much!  The handprints are pretty good but it is a little hard to read the date.  Oh well...we gave it our best shot!

Emerson Leigh-5 years old
Braelyn Faith-3 years old

Precious prints that I will love to look at year after year!

No comments: