Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of School 2014

Well, the big day has arrived-Emerson starts kindergarten today at Snyder Elementary!  While I am used to her not being with me all day every day, it is still an emotional milestone.  She is growing up so fast and knowing that she has to go to school every day and stay the full day is a big change.  We can't stay up as late as we want at night because we can no longer sleep til we wake up in the morning.  She will have more responsibilities now, will be at a school with many more kids-almost 900 to be exact, and she will be in a much different environment than she was at First Kids.  I know she is ready for the challenge and I know that she is going to do great! 

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!  This is really happening!  Will I be this prepared when I am back at work and Braelyn has to get ready too?!

She woke up SO excited, even though it was way earlier than normal!  As suspected the stars were not under her pillow-it took us awhile to get to breakfast because I had to peel all the stars off of her!  She went to school with star prints all over her!

She actually ran down the hall after I got her dressed to get to the car!

I love it that she is this excited about her big day-no tears of fear for this big girl!

Ms. Krakow and Emerson ready to get the school year off to a great start!

No comments: