Thursday, May 1, 2014

Me and My Mom

Emerson asked me to go on her field trip yesterday and I was thrilled that I didn't have any meetings scheduled so it worked out.  We were pretty due for a little one on one time!  I got to ride the bus with her, we went to the park and to story time at the library.  When we got back to her school, she and I headed out for lunch at Double Dave's pizza, a trip to the new house, shopping, and ice cream.  At one point in the day she said, "Mom do you remember when Sophia sang the song Just Me and My Mom?  That is like our day today!"  I hope she always wants to have a day of "Just Me and My Mom!!"  It is hard to believe that she will be in Kindergarten next year and won't be able to leave with me after field trips!!  We will definitely still find time for just the two of us though because I think it is so important.  Now I have to figure out when B gets her day!

I overheard her talking to her little friends about who was sitting with who on the bus and without hesitation, Em said:  "I'm sitting with my Mom!"

We are so proud of this sweet girl!  Today Ms. Kathy told Emerson how awesome she did on the field trip yesterday even with her Mom there.  She said other kids have not followed rules well when their parents came but Emerson followed every rule.  Emerson quickly said, "THANK YOU, Ms. Kathy!!"

Since it is dinosaur week, Ms. Kathy brought each kid a little plastic dinosaur and a cup.  They were supposed to try to throw the dinosaur up from the cup and try to catch it again. 


The next activity was perfect for running off energy before the library...

They played follow the leader-running, jumping, flying like a plane, and skipping.

1 comment:

GranSan said...

Soooo sweet! Y'all are making some GREAT memories! I love you both so.....