Monday, October 28, 2013

Etch-a-Sketch

Emerson has been working hard and saving her money ever since she bought her Ariel doll before.  She started out planning to buy a Cinderella for her sister and at some point decided to add an Etch-a-Sketch for herself.  While Grandma and Papa were here they made a trip to Toys R Us.  As they were going down the aisles, Em picked up an Etch-a-Sketch and put it into Grandma's shopping cart.  A little while later she told Grandma that she needed to go put it back because she was saving her own money to buy it.  I was SO proud!  Last week she added to her savings and had $20.  I told her that after school we would go to Toys R Us for her to buy her Etch-a-Sketch.  On the way there she told me that she was looking out the window for the "rainbow store" because she didn't want me to miss it!  We got out of the car and I handed her her $20 and Braelyn and I just followed her.  As soon as she found her pink Etch-a-Sketch, she didn't miss a beat grabbing the red one right next to it for her sister.  I love what a giving heart she has and how much she loves her baby sister.  She couldn't wait to give the cashier the money and when we got to the car she couldn't wait to give Braelyn her's.  All the way home they both worked on their Etch-a-Sketches and Em helped her sister figure out how to work it. 

It amazes me, at 4, she will work for months to get what she wants and I love seeing the excitement on her face when she gets it!

Braelyn is so blessed to have such an awesome big sister!

No comments: