Saturday, June 15, 2013

VBS

On top of an already big week, this week was Vacation Bible School at church.  Emerson was old enough to participate this year and I was asked to be an "oikos" leader.  We traveled back in time to Athens to learn about the scary times Paul faced to spread the Good News.  We learned to rely on God to give us the courage we need to face difficult times.  We were divided into tribes or "oikos"(which means family in Greek).  I was the leader of Galatia and Emerson was part of Berea.  Each tribe was from one of the places Paul visited on his journey.  There was a Marketplace set up in the youth center and the kids visited two shops each night making a different craft at each.  There were games outside and a final wrap up with your tribe.  The kids really seemed to enjoy it but I would have to say everyone was pretty exhausted by the time it was over Saturday afternoon!

Emerson LOVED the time in the worship center for singing-she couldn't wait to get on stage!

I love her so much!!!

I was so glad that on this night my tribe went out to the games at the same time as Emerson's.

So glad I got to see this!!!  She didn't want to be tied to anybody at first but finally agreed to do it with this little friend...precious!!!

I am so mad...I thought I videoed her singing this song with Ms. Melissa but forgot to switch my camera!!  She knew all the motions and was adorable playing her inflatable guitar!

No comments: