Friday, June 14, 2013

Meant to Be

This week brought a big change in our house that was nothing short of a miracle.  We have had some concerns about the girls' school for quite some time now but were trying to hang in there until we moved.  Unfortunately, we got the feeling that we needed to make a change a little more quickly than that.  The school that I found that I liked the best, and had gotten on the waiting list for last December, had actually called back in February with spots for both the girls.  At that time things were ok at The Academy and we weren't planning to move until probably 2014 so I told them to give the spots to someone else.  I had been told from the very start that the likelihood of them having spots for both of them at the same time was not very good.  When we decided that they needed to move more quickly I immediately started kicking myself for that decision made back in February.  That being said, we prayed about it and knew that all we could do was trust Him to work it all out.  The decision to move on was made on a Saturday and I went to First Kids Academy that Monday morning.  I introduced myself to the director, who I had not met on my previous visit, explaining that we had been on the waiting list in the past but that due to some life changes we didn't take the spots when offered but now that we are moving this year, I needed to get back on the waiting list.  She instructed me to fill out another form to get back on the waiting list.  She told me that she thought she would have a spot for my oldest one  in the fall but wasn't sure about the younger one.  I told her that I was hesitant to lock in the spot for Emerson if she wasn't sure about Braelyn.  When I said "Braelyn" it must have triggered something in her memory and she started digging through a stack of papers on the desk.  She pulled out the waiting list form that I had filled out back in December.  It had a sticky note on it saying:  "Call today.  We have spots for both."  When she read that sticky note, I about collapsed on the floor!  She double checked it in her system and said, "Well, it's right!  If you want, the girls can start next Monday!"  I had all paperwork completed and my deposit turned in within an hour!  One of these days, I am going to learn that God has it all under control and His timing is PERFECT!!!
The girls had an amazing first week!  On the way home on Monday Emerson told me(without me asking for a comparison), "Momma, I like my new school better than my old school!"  I love that they have a Bible lesson every day, they have much smaller classes, it is very calm and quiet any time I walk in, and it is peanut free!!!

All ready for their first day at their new school!

No comments: