Monday, May 27, 2013

Long

This long weekend was long overdue!  After a one day meeting in San Antonio, I decided the Memorial Day weekend could be extended one more day to include Friday to make it a much needed 4 day weekend.  Friday was girls' day!  We started the morning bright and early with breakfast at Denny's.  From there we did a little shopping at Target to prep for the rest of our day.  As soon as we got home, the girls put on their swimsuits to head out for sprinkler fun!  Braelyn got tired pretty soon after so while she took a nap, Emerson and I made necklaces and purses.  After Daddy got home we played outside a little more and then it was time to feast on pizza! 
Saturday morning Shawn played golf with some guys from work and I got a TON of work done around the house.  It has been making me absolutely crazy that so many things around the house have been pushed to the back burner with how busy life has been lately.  It felt SO good for the house to be spotless...if only for a matter of hours, or minutes!
Sunday morning we headed to early service.  With it being a holiday weekend there was no Sunday school and our life group decided to do a little something different that evening.  We met down on the Waterway for some music, water fun, and a picnic. 
Monday brought a lot of relaxing and playing around the house.  We got out for a little while to tour some model homes to get some good ideas for the upcoming planning process for our house-so many beautiful homes!  I don't know if it helped or if I am more confused about what I like most!

This was before Em decided that all 3 of us needed to sit on the same side of the booth!

Curly Sue hard at work coloring her menu.

She was pleased with our shopping trip at Target!

Water went in my nose!

Emerson loved grabbing the little sprayers and pointing them at me and her sister(who, might I add, wasn't convinced she wanted in the water at all, much less by force!)

You two are crazy!  I am just fine up here on the patio!




Emerson starting on her necklace.

Emerson's necklace-I was amazed to see that her finished product has a matching pattern on either side!  No help from Mom!

Mom's creation-I later got in trouble for cutting the string to make a bracelet too!  Oops!

On to our next project...princess purses!


Modeling the latest addition to her summer collection-the Cinderella purse in blue!

Sailing in their ship...

Flying their plane!  I love the imagination!

Nothing like a lazy Saturday morning with your sister and Jake and the Neverland Pirates!


The girls with Ms. Meagan from our life group.  The jealousy is not just limited to me and Shawn...after Emerson plopped down in Meagan's lap, Braelyn quickly went to work making room for herself!




After a lot of playing a girl can use a snack!

No comments: