Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Love Christmas Traditions!

This Friday the tradition of the Christmas plate lived on!  I was a little unsure how I was going to do our Christmas plate this year given that I didn't think Braelyn would be quite patient enough to sit there until we were all done.  I took Braelyn first and put her cute little footprint and fingerprints on first and then took her back to day care and picked up Emerson to go and finish the rest.  After Em put her footprint and fingerprints on the plate I let her pick out something to paint all her own while I finished the plate.  She picked out a mug like Caillou painted when he went to the pottery place with her Grandma!  She picked out purple and pink paint for her mug and went to work!  After we were all done with our painting it was definitely time to go out for ice cream before we tackled some Christmas shopping.  It was an absolutely perfect day!  Next year Miss B will be big enough to paint her own piece and have ice cream too!

 I really get to paint Mom?!  Yea!!!

 She did so good!!!  She kept looking at us while we put the paint on her foot wondering what in the world we were doing!

 Look at that precious little foot!

 Another precious foot but a very different shaped one! 

 So adorable to see their little footprints side by side!

 We used their fingerprints to make light strands down the sides.

 Hard at work on her mug.

 I love having days like this with my special girl!

 Very happy about her pink ice cream!

There aren't many things this kid likes better than ice cream!