Monday, December 12, 2011

A Christmas Miracle

I never dreamed in a million years that both our girls would sit on Santa's lap and that there would be no tears...it happened!  Sunday afternoon after Emerson's nap we finally made it to see Santa.  Em seemed so excited the whole way but that was also how it went last year and we all know how that ended!  Braelyn has always lived by the theme of "stranger danger", only wanting Mom or Dad most of the time but given our miraculous turn of moods with the new formula, I was anxious to see if that had changed as well.  The little boy in front of us was not happy at all about sitting with Santa and I was convinced that that might derail our oldest one.  Much to my surprise, as soon as they pulled back the rope signaling that it was our turn Emerson made a beeline to Santa and gave him a big hug!  I put Braelyn on his other knee and, while she never smiled, she didn't cry either!  She stared up at him most of the time but we were able to get her attention long enough for a picture.  We couldn't hear but Em was planning to tell him she wanted a camera and a pink watch!

 Such a big girl now!

 Waiting so patiently to see Santa!

Hey guys, I've been good this year too!  What do you think I should ask for?!

 Hey Em, who is this guy?!

Precious memories!

Hey look Mom!  I even got a candy cane!  This was GREAT!!

No comments: