Monday, December 12, 2011

An Attempted Surprise

This was Shawn's birthday weekend and after he pulled off the best birthday ever for me, I had a hard act to follow.  As soon as we found out that football was over and we would actually be able to celebrate, I went to work.  Shawn has told me before that he would love to go to another Kevin Fowler concert and more recently has said that he just wants us to be able to have another night out like for my birthday.  It was apparently meant to be because Kevin Fowler was in Spring the Friday of Shawn's birthday weekend!  I flew Grandma in to watch the girls and it made for a perfect weekend.  I say attempted surprise because Shawn pretty much figured it out and I finally told him what we were doing the Wednesday before!  On Friday night we ate dinner at BJ's Brewhouse and then headed to Big Texas for the concert.  We ended up running into Chris and Kristi Morris(the head baseball coach and his wife) and their friends Scott and Amy.  We all had a blast!  Saturday, we headed out with Grandma to do a little Christmas shopping and then Sunday she headed back to New Mexico.  Thanks so much Grandma for helping me make it a great birthday for Shawn!
 Shawn, me, Amy, Scott, Chris, and Kristi

 It was a fun place to be for a concert, we felt like we were practically on the stage!

 He puts on a GREAT concert!

 Me, Kevin Fowler, and Kristi

 Shawn, Chris, Kevin Fowler, and Scott

 Grandma and Braelyn

 The girls really liked Daddy's birthday surprise!  They both had so much fun with Grandma!

Thanks for coming Grandma!

No comments: