Thursday, July 3, 2014

LOTS of Progress

After a couple of days of no sign of progress at the new house...a lot gone done in just a few days!!  The granite went in on Monday.  There was a slight mishap here as they cut the granite on our island just to the size of the island.  The granite was supposed to extend a foot and a half to make an eat-at bar.  Other than that it looks amazing!!  We LOVE the color.  The marble went in on Wednesday as well as towel bars and doorknobs and the electrical was in progress Wednesday and Thursday.  The much awaited stone was also delivered and started on Thursday.  It seems a little light but hopefully some of the darker pieces will be incorporated as they get more complete.  I also got started on painting the girls's rooms.  It took a few tries but I think I found the colors I was hoping for! 

6/25/14:  A little bit of brick finally got done, just before the storm moved in!

6/26/14


7/2/14:  The girls' bathroom

First attempts at Braelyn's color.  Thought the one on the right was what I liked but when it got on the wall it was DARK!

7/2/14:  Guest bath

7/2/14:  Shawn's counter

7/2/14:  My counter

First try with Em's color.  Pink is just hard for me but it is what the sweet princess wants!  When she saw it, she jumped up and down saying "Thank you Momma, it's exactly what I wanted!!!"

7/3/14:  After it dried and I saw it with her bedding, I think I am ok with the pink!

7/3/14:  My vanity

7/3/14:  Back patio

7/3/14:  Hard to tell since it isn't dry but I LOVE Braelyn's color!

7/3/14:  Entryway

7/3/14:  B's room complete with ceiling fan, outlet covers, and light switches...just missing carpet!

7/3/14:  Em's room...still working to get the first coat on.  Painting in Houston, in July, in a house with no AC takes it out of a girl!

7/3/14:  Terrible picture(working around all the workers!) but the pendant lights were hung over the island!

7/3/14:  Stone is FINALLY here!!!

No comments: