Friday, February 7, 2014

Strep Strikes!

On Wednesday night, Braelyn did not sleep well at all and on Thursday morning didn't really act like herself.  Sure as the world First Kids Academy called around 2:30 saying that she had started to run a low grade fever and was not wanting to eat anything.  I picked both the girls up and headed for home.  Normally I wouldn't call the doctor for just a low grade fever and loss of appetite but given that we were so close to the weekend and so many nasty bugs have been going around, I figured peace of mind was well worth a $20 copay.  When they called me back they agreed she should definitely come in this morning.  So glad I took her in...it turned out to be strep!  She was not very happy with me at all when I asked the NP for a shot instead of oral antibiotics but it had her feeling better in no time! 

She looks deathly ill, doesn't she?!

Big sister took great care of her reading her favorite books and singing lullabies so that she would rest!

No comments: