Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Look Who's 5!!!

Our sweet Emerson Leigh is 5 years old today!  She has been waiting for this day for a very long time and as soon as her little feet hit the floor this morning she came running in saying "It's my birthday today and I am 5!!!"  Apparently 5 really means you start doing lots of big girl things.  As soon as she made the announcement, she turned back to her room to start picking out items that would now become Braelyn's since she had now crossed over into the big girl world!  After that she proceeded to make Braelyn's bed for her.  I gave her the choice for breakfast-pancakes at McDonalds or our favorite doughnut shop.  She chose doughnuts(I would have to say I was actually surprised!) and when we got out of the car she said "I am bigger now...I got taller!"  Something else I didn't know about turning 5...she went to bed the night before one height and woke up a much bigger 5 year old!  We could not be more proud of what a precious little girl Emerson is.  Everyone who meets her comments on how her smile can brighten a room and that she has such a loving little heart.  At her little school I am pretty sure that she is the only one who has ALL blue days on her behavior chart(In case you need the same explanation I did, Blue is the best.  I understood that you probably didn't want to be on red, but the other parts of the color system were new to me!)  She is quickly learning Spanish, getting much better at counting all the way to 100 and has started working on sounding out words.  As far as what she is into these days, we are all things princess or Barbie.  She can sit for hours dressing up her Barbies and pretending they are all talking to each other-I love listening!  She claims her best friend at school is Caleb and on several occasions has drawn pictures of the two of them "marrying"!!!  Maybe we should cut back on the Princess/Prince movies!!!  Momma and Daddy thought we had quite a few years before all that nonsense!!!  It is all going by so fast and while there are so many times that I just want it to stop so I can hold on to it forever, I still can't wait for each new phase because she brings us so much joy each and every step of the way!  We love you Em!!!

Our Sweet Birthday Girl

Silly Sisters!
 

Peek-a-boo Braelyn!!

I love these special times with my two sweet girls!

The birthday princess had a big day celebrating with her friends at school!  Her teachers were so sweet and had her a little gift bag to help celebrate.

Of course when given the choice, she went for the hot pink cupcake!

Fun at the park again after school and then it was off to dinner at Red Robin with Daddy!

No comments: