Thursday, August 19, 2010

18

Emerson is 18 months old as of yesterday!  She is looking more like a little girl rather than a baby every day.  She continues to say more things-the clearest of which are her accessories:  bow, shoes, and socks!  She is very good about saying "please" to ask for anything.  As of late her favorite word has been "no" but we are definitely working on that!  She doesn't like for me to get too far from her.  If I wander any distance from her she yells: "Ma"!  I don't know what happened to Mom and Mommy but it has been shortened to Ma.  She is still not sleeping in her big girl bed but we really haven't tried.  I am probably going to start working on it a little more starting this weekend.  I also think we are going to attempt potty training soon as she has started showing more signs of being ready.  She LOVES cells phones and iPods but just about anything can be turned into a phone-she puts many different things to her hear and says "hello" and then starts telling whoever it is ALL about it!  We unfortunately learned today that she is allergic to peanuts and eggs so we are definitely educating ourselves on that and learning what we need to do to keep her safe.  The good news is, she can still have baked goodies made with eggs.  That is very good news because she definitely got Ma's sweet tooth!  At her 18 month check up this week she was 32 1/2 inches(80%) and 28 pounds 4 ounces(93%).  She had met all her milestones and he said that she seemed to be doing great!

I guess I should have said that she loves electronics instead of just cell phones and iPods-this is the stud finder I was using to hang a shelf in her room!
The artist at work!
Ma, don't look yet...I'm not finished!
Enough with the pictures, I have to work!
Hmm, maybe I need to work on that paper over there now.
Thank you for the toddler crayons Aunt Janet...I know what to do with them now!

No comments: