Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sniff, Sniff.

With Shawn off this summer we have finally started tackling some things around the house that we have been wanting to do for awhile.  Earlier this week he worked on rearranging the office so that we could move the treadmill out of our bedroom.  Mission accomplished.  We have been talking about when we were going to try to move Emerson out of the nursery and into her "big girl room", but had never really decided anything.  We had talked about at least moving her toys into the new room to help her get used to going in there and then making the move in phases.  Well, something got into us on Saturday and the phases went out the window and we started making the move.  I didn't think it was going to be an issue for me but as it all started happening very quickly and the nursery began to be dismantled I almost lost it!  Something about not taking her in there for bed at night or putting her up on the changing table anymore really got to me.  Nonetheless, I got the daybed repainted and moved in and I am starting to think about how we are going to decorate her new room.  That part is really exciting since my nursery planning was a little limited with her being a surprise!  As it stands now, all the furniture is moved into the new room but we are going to have her continue to sleep in her crib in the old room until I can find curtains, etc.  Also, I think we are going to start with naps in the new bed to give her some time to adjust, or maybe time for Mommy to adjust!

Trying out her new bed for the first time

Playing in her room

Before you ask, the sunhat has become an essential part of the wardrobe!

Let's see Noah...let's find you a spot in our new room.

Hey guys, check out my new bed!  I can get out of it without any help!

Who's Mommy and Daddy's big girl?

No comments: