Friday, July 30, 2010

R&R After the ER

Well, this week was pretty relaxing other than a trip to the ER with Em on Wednesday.  Shawn called me just as I was getting ready to stop for lunch on Wednesday and asked me if Emerson was allergic to peanut butter.  We have had a couple of episodes in the past where we thought that she was but since then she has had a Reeses cup without any trouble and eats Chick-fil-a pretty often and they cook in peanut oil.  All of this led us to think that it was just a coincidence the first couple of times and that she probably wasn't allergic to peanut butter.  That was apparently proved wrong with breakfast on Wednesday.  Shawn made her a waffle with peanut butter on it.  She barely even tasted any of it and then he noticed her rubbing her eyes.  Before he knew it her eyes were swelling shut.  I called the pediatrician's office and given their crazy schedule that day I was told that we should get her to the ER.  By the time I got there Shawn said that she looked so much better.  If that is the case I am glad I didn't see her at her worst!  She looked so pitiful-her right eye was so swollen and she still had a few red places on her chin and under her eye.  Luckily it never affected her breathing so they gave her an oral dose of steroid and sent us on our way(after almost 3 hours!).  Since then Em and Daddy have been able to relax a little bit and have had a good end to Daddy's last week at home.

She has loved every minute of getting to be at home with Daddy this summer!

One of these days she is going to be showing us how to work the iPod!



She has been obsessed with our iTouch ever since Shawn's cousin David let her play with one of the apps on his new iPhone!

1 comment:

The Goforths said...

Poor girl! I'm glad she is better.