Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gobble Gobble and Ho Ho Ho

It was a very fun week around our house. My mom came in for the week to celebrate Thanksgiving and to kick off the Christmas season. She came in last Sunday and was able to keep Emerson until Shawn got off on Wednesday and I was off Thursday and Friday. Let's just say they are going to think Em is totally rotten this next week at day care-they had a blast! When I got off work on Wednesday we got out and got our cars washed and then came home to cook. We went ahead and cooked on Wednesday so that we could relax on Thursday. Shawn played golf while we were cooking and when he got home we headed out to dinner at Buca di Beppo-one of our favorite places that we haven't been to in awhile. Thursday was a very relaxing day and then on Friday we got in the Christmas spirit! We put up the tree and even opened some presents. Since we are staying here for Christmas we went ahead and exchanged gifts with GranSan. Christmas is going to be so much fun this year with Em! Thanks GranSan for all our gifts and for helping so much around the house this week!

Waiting for our cars at the car wash-it was such a pretty day!

All ready to go to dinner at Buca

Hey-where is my garlic bread and pasta?!

She was such a big help getting things ready for Thanksgiving!

Daddy and Em made breakfast burritos for us on Friday morning.

Emerson had a hard time letting go of her fall pumpkins when it was time to kick off Christmas!

We got most of the decorating done while she was napping-this is her reaction when she came in to see the tree for the first time. She seemed a little confused!

I have always loved Christmas but this look on her face gives it a whole new meaning!

Oh my gosh, is this one for me?!

How cute is she?!

Thanks Mom for the new piece for my Christmas village and for the additional place settings of my dishes!

Mom got Shawn a BB/pellet gun complete with a scope-let's hope my next post is not about Shawn's stay in the slammer!

I think GranSan liked her grandmother's bracelet!

I always heard that kids like the boxes best-I guess it is true! This is Em getting in the box from one of her gifts from GranSan!

She has not stopped playing with all of her blocks and stacking cups-thanks GranSan...I REALLY needed some new toys!

2 comments:

The Goforths said...

What a great time! Whenever we get something in a big box, it's always around for a while... they never want to throw the boxes away!

Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Kristi said...

Looks like Em's first Thanksgiving was very memorable with GranSan! I love the look on her face when she saw the tree! Love you all!