Thursday, January 1, 2009

Project Central

Shawn and I have been busy little bees during our time off. I guess we think we aren't going to have much time to get projects done before too long! :) In the spring we hope to landscape around our patio but before we can do that we needed a step off the front of the patio. Shawn tackled that project and it turned out amazing. I can't wait to see it once it is surrounded by the landscaping. While he was outside doing that I had projects going inside for the nursery. While much of it will have to be done once we find out if it is a boy or girl, I wanted to get as much done beforehand as possible. I made the table toppers for the side table-if it is a boy I will just use the bottom one which is navy and white but if it is a girl I will put the smaller pink and white stripe one on top. I also got the curtains hung but rather than making two sets of tiebacks, that is one project I am saving for later. The tiebacks are going to be white for a boy and light pink with small white polka dots for a girl. It is definitely all starting to come together! Hard to believe how little time is left!!!

Why is it that, without fail, projects take way longer than you ever imagined they could take?!

It was A LOT of hard work but the step turned out better than either of us could have pictured! I was beyond impressed!

It is hard to tell from the picture but the top square is a very light pink and white stripe.

The room was looking SO plain to me before...the curtains help but I am ready to get some things on the wall!

2 comments:

Jerry and Janet said...

Your Mom is here for Breakfast Club-decided to beat the crowds at Strawn"s and stay home-wish you were here!! Love what you are doing in the Nursery and Patio. So Glad 2009 is here and Baby BD is nearer! Love you, Janet

Tonya Tuggle said...

stace this all looks so great. i cannot believe the step shawn made! wow! and then the curtains look amazing. did you make those? i can't wait to find out what you are having.