Monday, January 19, 2009

Bed Rest Time!

Well, looks like I am officially done with work until I go back from maternity leave! God has an amazing way of working things out. Shawn has not been able to make most of my appointments because of work and he wasn't supposed to be with me at today's visit. My appointment was originally scheduled for 10:15 this morning but they called and had to reschedule me for 4:00 because Dr. Giannotti had a funeral to go to. Because they rescheduled, Shawn walked in the door about 10 minutes before I had to leave and went with me. This visit my blood pressure was up along with the swelling in my feet and ankles so Dr. G said that it was definitely time to call it quits for work and that it was bed rest time for me. Just to be on the safe side he sent us over to labor and delivery to have lab work done, as well as to have my blood pressure monitored a little more, and to monitor the baby. After an hour they said that all looked good and I was able to go home. Shawn was very relieved that with all of this going on he was able to be there. I go in for a follow up blood pressure check on Wednesday morning and then if all looks good its back to my regular Monday visits. For now it looks like I will get plenty of rest and get to watch plenty of movies. Shawn just gave me an inservice on hooking our laptop to the TV so I can download movies from Netflix! Any suggestions?!

2 comments:

GranSan said...

It is so hard being a "long distance" mom, but what makes it easier is having a GREAT son-in-law! In fact, I would much rather say son and leave off the in-law! I am so blessed to have him in my life and I love and appreciate him even more right now. Thanks for everything you do and everything you are! Love you...

Tonya Tuggle said...

hang in there stace...not too much longer! call when the baby arrives...can't wait :)