Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Big 4-0!

I am still very much in denial about how old we are now.  FORTY?!?!  REALLY?!?!  Nonetheless, here it is and I can't think of a better way I could have hit this milestone.  Shawn planned the absolute perfect celebration and such good memories were made.  I would have to say forty looks like it is going to be pretty amazing as I am blessed beyond measure.  I could not stop smiling all day watching the girls get to enjoy one of my absolute favorite things to do for the very first time.  Shawn rented a boat for us to spend the day on Lake Conroe.  Believe it or not, after not doing it for nearly 10 years, I was still able to slalom and the girls came very close to skiing for the first time.  I think they would have had it if the water had been a little smoother.  They both got up but didn't make it very far.  I was so glad Grandma, Papa, and Gransan were able to be there to celebrate with us.  Thank you Shawn for a perfect day!

We were prepared for all kinds of fun including fishing!
Let's get this party started!  She was so excited about her first day on the lake!


Em has only been on the lake once or twice before but was probably only 1 so this is really a first for her!

So blessed to have amazing in-laws!


Woohoo!!  I love this!!!


You can do it Em!

So blessed!

Most amazing husband ever!

Happy 65th to Gransan too!







Half the battle is actually getting on the tube!




Who is going to fall off first?  Em or Daddy?




Grandma and B were determined to catch something but no such luck!

Daddy and Em didn't have any luck either.

Swimming with Papa





It wouldn't be a birthday around here if there isn't cake in the face!

The perfect end to a perfect day-fajitas and cake!

No comments: