Friday, June 17, 2016

A Little Scare

Alix, the girls sitter for the summer, has been awesome.  It has made things so easy having her come to the house.  We had a little bit of a scare yesterday though.  Normally if she has any questions she will just text me so when I saw her pop up on caller ID, I immediately had a bad feeling.  Sure enough, it wasn't good.  She told me that she was going to take Braelyn to the emergency room because she probably needed stitches, could I meet her there.  She had jumped up to hit the button to open the pool gate and the iron divider beside it hit her under her eye.  I of course took off like a crazy person and got there before they did.  I went ahead and filled out paperwork and then met her in the parking lot when they arrived.  I had no idea what to expect because the way she described it sounded like it was a pretty significant cut-the lifeguard had to clear her up and bandage it before they went to the car.  When she got out of the car, she was all smiles with a small band-aid under her eye!  I started to go in and tell them they could just tear up our paperwork because she was fine!  It actually turned out to be a decently deep puncture wound that was still bleeding when we took off the band-aid.  Thankfully, we got by with just dermabond instead of having to get stitches!  So thankful that it was minor!


She looked so cute sitting up there and was so sweet.  She kept talking about how nice it was that they gave her a warm blanket!


Check out that black eye!  When I showed her a picture of Rocky after Papa called her Rocky, she said "Hey, that's a boy!!!!"

No comments: