Sunday, July 14, 2013

First Haircut!

I have been putting off this day for awhile for a couple of reasons.  First of all, I have been so scared that if we cut Braelyn's hair, the curls wouldn't come back.  Second, I did not have a good feeling about how Braelyn was going to feel about having her haircut...there are strangers involved afterall!  I waited until after her two year pictures which were on Wednesday and decided to brave it on Friday.  When we got there she climbed right up to play with the toys in the waiting area, waved and said told all the other customers "Hi"!  Another little boy who was waiting DID NOT want his haircut.  I was so worried that she was going to get scared off by his reaction.  When they called her name, she hopped down from her chair and walked back just as happy as could be.  She started looking a little nervous when I put her in the chair but she never once cried and never moved a muscle!  The look on her face was hilarious but I was SO proud of her!  I was also thrilled when the stylist said that she thought she would keep her curls!  When she was done, they took a picture of her and then she got to go put her card in the slot on the "Prize Machine".  Getting a bottle of bubbles was icing on the cake for a successful first haircut! 

I don't know if you can see it, but our curls are WAY out of control!


At this point I was still really unsure about how this was going to go!  She had a death grip on her card to claim her prize!

Still no tears...is this really happening?!

Getting ready to make the first cut!

Mom, are you sure about this?!

She was so still and just watched in the mirror.

Oh wow...they have cartoons too!

I don't know if brave is the word but I was so proud either way!

The finished look...we still have curls!  They are just much more under control!


1 comment:

The Goforths said...

She is growing up too fast!