Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July Parade

They told me yesterday in Emerson's class that there would be a parade at school today.  I really didn't think anything of it-it is actually quite a production!  I am so thankful that I was there to see it.  All the kids dressed in their red, white, and blue and each class had made something for the parade.  Emerson's class made hats and Braelyn's class made red and blue noisemakers to shake during the parade.  The parade winds through the church property and finally to the bridge that crosses over Grogan's Mill.  There the kids waved their flags and signs as the cars honked and people waved-SO cute!!!  After walking back the kids got to sit at the picnic tables for red, white, and blue popsicles.  We love our new school!!!

Melted my heart to see her so happy with her friends followed up by a big wave and "I love you Momma!!".

How cute is this?!  Braelyn's class bringing up the rear of the parade!

Wow it's bright out here!

After she saw me, she had to hold my hand to be willing to stay in the buggy!

They all got the biggest kick out of the cars honking at them and waving.

Em's hat was so big you could hardly see her!

 I love how these two want to be with each other!

Big sister giving B a chance to wave at the cars.

Emerson's class marching back.

A perfect end to a 4th of July parade...red, white, and blue popsicles!

Thank you Grandma for the adorable festive outfits!


Braelyn wanted to join in the fun with Emerson's class, not her own!

Emerson trying to get her sister to do Ring-Around-the-Rosey!

1 comment:

GranSan said...

Have I said lately that "I love this blog?" The new school seems to be great! Love y'all!