Monday, October 22, 2012

Real Simple

Gransan got me a subscription to Real Simple magazine several months ago and I love it!  It has some of the best ideas.  I don't know if the one I chose to try qualifies as real simple but it was fun for Emerson and me nonetheless!  Emerson took a very long nap Sunday afternoon and when she woke up she and I set out for the store, Emerson with "recipe" in hand to get all the ingredients for our Halloween goodies.  She was beyond excited!  It turned out to be a two day process because I could bring myself to stay up late enough for the cupcakes to cool for decorating!  We got the cupcakes baked and all our decorating ingredients prepared and finished decorating when I picked her up from school today.  They definitely didn't turn out looking like the magazine but I think they are pretty cute!

Our "recipe"

Emerson built a castle with the ingredients while we were waiting on the cupcakes to bake.

Finding and sorting out the red and yellow M&Ms for the cats' eyes and noses.

Our cat ears(York Peppermint Patties) and pumpkin stems(green licorice)

Yea!!!  It's finally time to decorate!!!

At the very least a 3rd generation perfectionist on both sides of the family!

So excited about her punkin!

Muh would be so proud...you never let somebody else try something you have baked without a taste test!

These two are the closest we came to the picture!  They would have been much easier if we could have found the shoestring licorice for the cat whiskers...I struggled with drawing them with icing!

Who is ready to dig in?!  We have plenty!

1 comment:

GranSan said...

Save me one!!! How cute and fun! Great memories! Love y'all!