Sunday, November 11, 2018

Epic Surprise!

So for about a year, Shawn and I have been planning a surprise trip to Disney World for the girls.  I have NO idea how we pulled it off and didn't slip once in keeping the surprise.  The time finally came to let them know-I didn't sleep a wink the night before!  Shawn took the girls out for a Daddy/Daughter movie date so that I could pack everything on Sunday.  That night, Mickey's 90th Spectacular came on TV and we watched as a family.  Obviously we had no idea that would be on that night when we planned the trip but it was so perfect!!  With us leaving on a Monday, Emerson woke up at her usual time of 6:45.  I normally have their clothes laid out so I went in and told them that I had been doing laundry late the night before and that their clothes were in our room.  Shawn was waiting with the video camera as they came in to find shirts that said "Disney Bound" on them!  The looks on their faces were priceless as they started to connect the dots.  I don't know who was more excited, them or us!  Our flight left at noon for a magical week of memory making!

The girls were just about as excited about travelling on a plane as they were about going to Disney.  This is on the shuttle heading for the terminal.


I was saving this surprise for the first night but while we were waiting at the airport, Em mentioned wanting to get the pilot's autograph so I gave it to them early...

autograph books to use when meeting all the characters at the parks.


While the girls were watching out the window, the pilot waved from the plane at them!


The girls had some fun Disney sticker pages to color on the plane.

The pilots were so sweet when they went into the cockpit to ask for autographs after the flight.



On the Magical Express bus headed for The Contemporary Resort.

Braelyn, Daddy, and Emerson all got special "My First Visit" buttons when we checked in.

After we got settled in to our room, we headed to Disney Springs for dinner and a little shopping.

Braelyn picked out some sparkly Minnie ears while Em was set on the traditional Mickey Mouse Club ears.