Saturday, October 8, 2016

10 for Texas

After I ran my half marathon in April, I started looking for another run to sign up for so I wouldn't just quit running.  I found the 10 for Texas in The Woodlands which sounded appealing for a few reasons.  1.  It was 10 miles instead of 13.1...10 is about when the half got pretty miserable!  2.  It is in October, surely it will be beautiful weather.  3.  It is in The Woodlands, so no travel necessary!  All of those things sound very good in theory and I was even able to use the reasoning to convince Shawn to join me.  Slight oversight-while the race is technically in the fall, you can't just show up on race day and be ready.  Training for this one was AWFUL because it has been unbearably hot!  I can definitely say this one was quite a struggle!  It still was a pretty great feeling of accomplishment but Shawn and I both agreed at the finish line that a 10k will probably be our limit moving forward!

We did it!  Shawn finished in 1:29:02 and I finished in 1:42:45.  He hit his goal but I unfortunately missed my goal by just a smidge...I'll take it though!

How in the world did Robin convince me to get into these long races??!!!  She and her friend Toni came down and joined us for this one.

No comments: