Monday, April 25, 2016

What Was I Thinking?!

One evening in March, we were driving home from dinner when I got a text from Robin with a link to a website on it.  Under the link, she put "Right down the road from you, what do you think?".  I opened the link and it was for the Diva Half Marathon in Galveston.  She has been trying to talk me into doing a half with her for months and she must have caught me on the right night because I agreed!  I might should have thought out the details a little more...it was only 6 weeks til race day and I hadn't run 3 miles without stopping since December!  Not to mention 3 miles is the most I have run...EVER!!!  Well, I survived and we had a blast!  She came down and spent the night with us on Friday night, we cheered Emerson on at soccer the next morning and then it was on to Galveston.  The race was bright and early Sunday morning.  Luckily it was early enough that it wasn't too miserably hot and it was pretty amazing getting to run along the seawall.  I am still a little shocked that I did it and was very happy with my time of 2:17:50!  So proud of Robin for hitting her best time too(this was her 4th half)!

Thank you Robin for enduring the Houston heat at a soccer field so that I didn't miss this!

Mrs. Robin has a new friend for life!  She helped B make flower necklaces, bracelets, and headbands!


Pretty hard to believe that we have been friends for over 20 years!!!

All ready to go at the starting line!


We did it!!!!
Who'd have thunk it?!

1 comment:

GranSan said...

I "thunk" it! When you set your mind to something, you can do anything! I love you and am sooo proud of you!