Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love...

Emerson's memory verse for the week was "Love...God with all your heart." Matt. 22:37.  She already knew it by last Sunday afternoon.  The book, chapter, and verse is a little bit of a challenge.  When I say it, she starts counting 38, 39!  37 has never come after 22 before, somewhat of a difficult concept for an almost 3 year old!  One of the suggested parent activities for the week was to make heart cookies while learning the memory verse.  The first batch was a disaster, when I went to take it out of the oven I burned my hand, dropping the cookie sheet and the cookies went sliding off into a heap in the bottom of the oven.  Rather than being upset about our cookie mess Em just kept saying "It's ok Mom, it's ok."  She was practicing showing God that she loves Him with all her heart by showing Mommy love!

I do it by myself Mom.

Poor kid...her Mommy can even mess up cookies that come straight out of the package onto the cookie sheet!