Sunday, January 29, 2012

Daddies of Daughters

Things are a little different when it comes to being a Daddy of a little girl.  While it may be different, Shawn is incredible at it.  One of these differences was very clear a few weekends ago.  The Texans were playing on Saturday so clearly we were going to be cheering them on.  You would have thought it was the Super Bowl because of the amount of food we had and the level of excitement!  Shawn had meat out on the new smoker and it was a beautiful day outside.  Before the game started we were out enjoying the weather and Shawn asked Emerson if she wanted to camp out in the backyard that night.  Of course the answer was "YES!!!!!".  They went to work getting their tent set up.  You will see the difference I was referring to previously when you see the outfit that Emerson thought would be most appropriate for tent building...she put the ensemble together all by herself!

The girls were in position ready to cheer on the Texans!  Emerson started chanting "Defense" as soon as they took the field!  Definitely a defensive coach's kid!

Mommy!  Daddy and I are building a tent!!!  I need my pink princess bed!

Daddy had lots of help.

I'll straighten these out Daddy.

I really don't know if that goes right there Dad.

So glad I got to witness this...if possible I love them both more every day!

Come in my tent Mom!

Almost done!

She played in the tent ALL day!  The campout got postponed because it really started looking like rain as the day went on, but Em didn't mind in the least.  She had so much fun helping her Daddy and playing during the day.