Thursday, June 23, 2011

Braelyn Faith Brooks

Braelyn Faith Brooks is here!  She was born Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 5:36 p.m., weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 inches long.  She is beautiful, even if we are a little biased!  She was due on Sunday, June 19 but just wasn't quite ready yet.  My doctor was leaving for a trip to Italy on Wednesday so he put us on the schedule for an induction on Tuesday but we were the third stand by.  I called at 5 a.m. Tuesday morning and they said that they were still making the schedule and would call me back.  They called at 5:30 and told me that I would be able to come in at 7 but to call before we left the house to make sure nothing had changed.  At 5:37 they called back and said that something had changed and that I was back on hold.  Very disappointed I just went back to bed and assumed that we would not be having a baby that day.  At 9:30 a.m. they called again and said that my doctor had told them to have me go ahead and come in.  We were in a room by 10:30 and all was underway by 11.  The delivery was very easy-the doctor was there for 10 minutes tops before I was actually holding her!  Emerson is soooo happy that baby sister is finally here and has been so good with her so far.  I have lots more pics to post but here are a few!

 Hello world!

 Can we go back to the heated bed PLEASE?!

 We are so blessed

 Proud Mom and Dad

 Getting warm and toasty and looking very relaxed!

 Hard to believe it was over 2 years ago that we went through this with the proud big sister!

 Emerson doing "this little piggy" with Baby Sister

 Braelyn seemed to eat the best when her big sister fed her

 I love my two beautiful girls!

 Our happy family

 So tiny, so precious!

Very happy to have the whole family back together at home!

2 comments:

The Goforths said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! We are so happy for you all!

Jerry and Janet said...

Congratulations on another beautiful daughter! So proud for you and love you alot. Uncle Jerry