Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Name

Well, assuming this sweet little angel doesn't throw us for a loop and pop out as a "he" instead of a "she" we have picked a name!  We are busy getting everything ready for the arrival of Braelyn Faith Brooks!  At my last check-up the doctor said that everything was looking perfect.  It is hard to believe that this weekend marks the 30 week mark.  Emerson talks about her baby sister quite a bit but I still don't think she quite understands what is happening.  The other night I wanted to see what she thought when Braelyn was kicking.  We were laying in the floor watching Dancing With the Stars and I put her hand on my belly.  She didn't say anything for a while other than talking about the dancers and then all of a sudden she turned over and pulled up my shirt trying to figure out where she was!  When that didn't answer anything for her she put her ear on my belly-still not a satisfying answer!  A very hard thing to grasp for a 2 year old!  Now when people ask her about her baby sister she tells them "Sister kicks!".  She has also gone into the nursery a few mornings and climbed up on the side of the crib to look in for her baby sister.  9 months is a very long time to wait!

1 comment: