Thursday, February 19, 2009

ITS A GIRL!!!!!

Much to our surprise after our Monday appointment, I went into labor on Tuesday evening. When Shawn got home from his very last basketball game of the season, I told him that it was probably time we head to the hospital because my contractions were already about 3-5 minutes apart. We got to the hospital about 10:30 and were admitted at midnight. GranSan and Aunt Janet got to Houston at 2:00 a.m. for the big event and precious Emerson Leigh Brooks made her appearance at 10:32 a.m. on Wednesday. People have always said that you can never understand how much parents love their children until you become a parent yourself-that is so true. When she was born and I heard the words "it's a girl" I knew our lives had been changed forever. It was more emotion than I knew what to do with! She is absolutely perfect-she weighed 8lbs 5ozs and was 21 inches long. She has a head full of dark hair and a beautiful complexion.

Love at First Sight!

Our First Family Photo

"Why me Lord?"

Daddy's Little Girl

GranSan & Janet were right outside to hear the first cry

Papa and Grandma agree that she is perfect!

It's so good to be home!!

2 comments:

The Goforths said...

Look at those long fingers! She is beautiful! I cannot wait to meet her!

Tonya Tuggle said...

Beautiful!!! I love her little coming home outfit! Thanks for all the pics. She is such a doll, and you are right, your life won't be the same. Its funny how I can hardly remember life before our babies!