Saturday, April 11, 2015

Life With Miss B

Braelyn is at an age now where she is talking all the time and the things that come out of her mouth, not to mention some of the things she does, are all hilarious!  I have to do better about documenting some of it because I NEVER want to forget!  Here are a few of our favorites from the last week...most of them happening on Easter Sunday.

I put on her Easter dress and she starting twirling in her room.
"I a pretty princess!!"
She hopped up on her stool so we could finish getting ready.
"Ooooo, pretty princesses do NOT have crazy hair!"
I told her not to worry, that we could take care of the crazy hair.  I got her bow in and curls under control...
"Now, I a pretty princess!  I go show Daddy. I marry him in this dress!"

When she was opening her eggs after the egg hunt, one of them was empty.  I thought she was going to get upset and then she got the biggest smile on her face, held up the egg, and...
"JESUS IS ALIVE!!!!!"
Shawn and I couldn't believe it but are so thankful that she and Emerson both can tell you what Easter is all about and it is not just about eggs with candy!  Braelyn definitely paid attention with the Resurrection eggs and knew that the empty one represented the empty tomb!

On Sunday afternoon while we were outside playing, all the neighborhood kids were out and the girls started playing with Corbin from across the street who is just 2.  Emerson decided to try to teach him how to ride the tricycle and then decided to take it a step further and asked if she could give the tricycle to Corbin.  Shawn and I said that it was fine as long as Mrs. Lindsey said it was ok.  The only problem with all this was that no one asked Braelyn what she thought!  As Emerson raced across the street to take the tricycle to Mrs. Lindsey, Braelyn was racing behind her yelling "I still little, I still little!  That's mine!"  She came back home crying like crazy.  Shawn and I told her it was OK because Mrs. Lindsey was probably not going to want it so we would get it back.  Several minutes later we look up and see that Braelyn has gone over to their house, grabbed the tricycle while nobody was looking, and was bringing it home as fast as she could, looking over her shoulder to make sure nobody had caught her!  When she got to the garage Shawn asked her what she was doing she said "I got this back!"  He asked if she wanted him to hide it and she said "YES!"  All was right with the world again and she headed back across the street on her bike to play!  If only we had a video of her bringing that tricycle home! 

On the way to school...
Braelyn:  "I concentrating."
Mommy:  "What are you concentrating on?"
No answer.  I looked in the back to see her trying to put her shoes on.
Braelyn:  "I having trouble.  My shoes not cooperating.  You have to put them on at school."
Concentrating?!  Cooperating?!  Really?!  Where does she get this stuff?!

No comments: