Friday, August 30, 2013

New Shoes

Em and Braelyn's new school asks that they wear tennis shoes every day for safety reasons on the playground.  So far not a problem with Emerson, but a little more so with Braelyn.  All the clothes that I have had for her have gone much better with sandals.  The child has never had typical running shoes.  She has had some Keds and, thanks to Grandma, some Twinkle Toes by Skechers but in recent days she has outgrown both.  When buying Emerson shoes in the past I have tried to get very neutral-gray and pink, mostly, in an effort for them to go with anything.  I got anything but neutral for Miss B!  When I saw these New Balance tennis shoes they, for whatever reason, screamed "BRAELYN"!!!!  When I put them on her for the first time she was sooo proud!  She walked over to Shawn and pointed her little toe and twisted it back and forth to model.  After he carried on about them to her satisfaction, she ran to the living room to do the same thing for Emerson!  It was absolutely adorable.  There was no way I was going to pry those shoes off her to go out to dinner!


No comments: