Friday, January 18, 2013

The Blame Game

Braelyn and I went in to wake Emerson up the other morning and she was holding up two fingers mumbling something about 2 drinks.  She finally woke up enough to say:  "You gave me two drinks so now my sheets are wet."  I cracked up laughing.  She was still pretty much asleep but had already thought out how she was going to shift the blame of the wet sheets off of herself!  She has done amazing since we were home over the holidays keeping her sheets dry all night.  She fully understands the importance of not drinking close to bed, to the point it is hard to get her to drink anything.  The night before this particular incident I had given her a cup of milk with dinner that hardly had any in it because it was some that she had left over from her snack that I had put in the fridge.  When she finished it she still had a lot of food left so I asked her if she would like some water.  She quickly replied: "I'm not thirsty" clearly already thinking about her goal of dry sheets.  I tried to assure her that it was awhile til bed and that she was going to need something to wash down her dinner.  After the blame was quickly placed on me the next morning I realized that maybe I should listen to her when she tells me "no"!

No comments: