Monday, March 1, 2010

Mommy's Helpers

Well, as most of you know, I had to have back surgery this past Tuesday. I am happy to report that it went great and I am now on the road to recovery. While I feel better than expected, I am going to need a lot of help around the house for the next 6 weeks-thankfully I have many willing helpers!

This was in the recovery room right after surgery. We have a picture almost exactly like this from this time last year-I like the reason for last year's picture a lot more!

Aunt Janet stayed at home with Emerson while Shawn and my mom came to the hospital with me and they had a blast!

She is definitely a climber these days and the boxes from all her new toys made perfect jungle gyms!

Aunt Janet had a new toy for Em every day that she was here-the day of my surgery she got some toddler crayons and coloring pages!

Emerson's first picture was a "Welcome Home Mommy" picture for when I got home from the hospital...I felt better instantly!

It snowed the day of my surgery(I missed it thanks to muscle relaxers and pain pills) so GranSan tried to get Emerson to see it out the window.

I think it is safe to say that Emerson liked GranSan's spaghetti!

Even when Mommy is down, chores still have to get done!

I don't know if you would consider Em a helper when it comes to folding the laundry-she is much better at unfolding! Sorry Daddy that we did not practice that chore more before my surgery!



Time for therapy! My therapy is walking several times a day and my number one cheerleader comes along in her wagon loving every minute of it!

One of the birthday balloons got caught in the ceiling fan so GranSan needed her little helper to get it untangled!

No comments: